2013-04-16

Större strandpipare - Charadrius hiaticula - Ringed Plover - Grand Gravelot

click to enlarge
 Större strandpipare  - Charadrius hiaticula - Ringed Plover - Grand Gravelot
NF Photo 121112, Oued Massa Morocco

Walking alone in the sand, a Ringed Plover in winter plumage. I did not recognice it until I realized it was winter plumage. We never see it like this where I live.

About Ringed Plover on wiki
you tube video


Wild Bird Wednesday
The Moroccan trip report on my Travel blog 
Comment form for visitors outside GOOGLE
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments:

  1. Great photo of an interesting bird. You are fortunate to see shorebirds in breeding plumage. Most of the time they are here they are in total non-breeding plumage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plovers are adorable birds, great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top photo looks like a painting. Good catch.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my Moroccan birdblog. :) I appreciate any comment.